Hearing Aid Benefit
For Retired members and their eligible dependents, the SOC Fund offers a maximum of $150 toward the purchase of a hearing aid for each ear requiring a device once every five years.
- A licensed physician must prescribe the device.
- The requesting participant must provide a paid itemized bill that reflects the qualified product purchased.
- The participant must submit a prescription or medical note, on letterhead, from their medical provider outlining the diagnosis.
- The claim must be submitted within one year of the purchase date.
- All claims are subject to review for duplication, coordination of benefits, Workers’ Compensation, etc.
- At no time will the Fund reimburse more than 100% of the claim cost.
- The benefit does not cover the exam, repairs, batteries, accessories and service contracts.
- The Fund will reimburse ear molds, for children only, in lieu of a new device under the five-year guidelines.
- The Hearing Aid Benefit Claim Form can be requested from the SOC Fund Office or downloaded at the SOC web site.
The SOC is partnered with American Hearing Benefits a Starkey Technologies Program to provide our members with exclusive benefits:
- Free annual hearing consultations
- Up to a three-year supply of batteries (40 cells per hearing aid purchased)
- One year of free office visits (limit of six)
- 60-day trial period
- Free Deluxe Warranty Plan, including loss and damage
- Financing plans available (subject to credit approval)
The Hearing Aid Benefit Claim Form can be requested from the SOC Fund Office or downloaded at the SOC web site.
AMERICAN HEARING BENEFITS A STARKEY TECHNOLOGIES PROGRAM HEARING AID PARTNERSHIP CONTACT:
Call a Hearing Care Advisor at (888) 660-1854 or visit www.starthearing.com/partners/SOC.
MEMBERS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THEIR HEARING AIDS FROM AMERICAN HEARING BENEFITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SOC REIMBURSEMENT.