The Superior Officers Council Active Health and Welfare Fund provide an annual optical benefit to members and their eligible dependents. Our provider Visionworks/Davis Vision, is a leading national administrator of quality vision care programs.
With Visionworks/Davis Vision you have access to licensed providers in both private practice and retail locations who are extensively reviewed and credentialed to ensure stringent standards for quality and service is maintained.
- Eye Examination – Every 12 months (including dilation as professionally indicated) is covered at a participating network provider with no co-payment.
- Spectacle Lenses (one pair) – including single vision, bifocal, or trifocal lenses, in any prescription range with no co-payment.
- Frames – you may choose any Fashion, Designer or Premier level frame from the Visionworks/Davis Vision collection, covered in full. Or, if you select another frame in the network provider's office a $65 credit will be applied.
- Contact Lenses (in lieu of eyeglasses) – Every 12 months the plan covers most popular types of contact lenses including standard, soft, daily-wear (available with no co-payment) or disposable type contact lenses (at either a $25 co-payment for an approximate three-month supply or a $45 co-payment for an approximate six-month supply).
A $45 credit will be applied toward the purchase of non-plan contact lenses, fitting fees, and follow-up care. Your provider will determine your copayment or credit based on the type of contact lenses required
NOTE: Most people can wear contact lenses; however, once contact lenses are provided, they may not be exchanged for eyeglasses. Routine eye examinations may not include professional service for contact lens evaluation. Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the patient.
- Glass Grey #3 prescription lenses
- Oversize lenses
- Post-cataract (lenticular) lenses
- (Prescription) fashion, sun or gradient tinted plastic lenses
- Polycarbonate lenses for dependent children, monocular patients, and patients with prescriptions +/- 6.00 diopters or greater
You can pay these additional discounted fees for the optional items see in the chart on the left:
*Most people can wear progressive lenses; however, conventional bifocals will be supplied at no additional cost for anyone who is unable to adapt to progressive lenses. The fixed fee for progressive lenses noted above will not
The following items are not covered by the Visionworks/Davis Vision Program:
- Medical treatment of eye disease or injury
- Vision therapy
- Special Lens designs or coatings, other than those previously described
- Replacement of lost eye wear
- Non-prescription (plano) lenses
- Two pair of eyeglasses in lieu of bifocals
- Contact lenses and eyeglasses in the same benefit cycle
TO FIND NETWORK PROVIDERS
To access a listing of participating Visionworks/Davis Vision providers, you can visit either www.visionworks.com or www.davisvision.com. Members can call (800) 999-5431 or (800) 669-1183 and enter the SOC Client Control Number 2942, the last four digits of the member’s Social Security number, and the first five characters of the member’s last name as the password. If the member’s last name is less than five characters, use the full last name only as the password.
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
1. Call the network provider of your choice and schedule an appointment.
2. Identify yourself as a Visionworks/Davis Vision and Superior Officers Council member or dependent.
3. Provide the office with your Tax Registry Number or the last four digits of the member’s Social Security number and the name and date of birth of any covered dependent needing services.